Subject: Compiling OpenSSH-3.2.2p1 under Cygwin undefined reference to `setgroups'
From: "David Christensen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:56:17 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

gname.os.cygwin:

I'm attempting to compile OpenSSH-3.2.2p1 under Cygwin (downloaded and
installed a few days ago via setup-2.218.2.9) and I'm getting an
unresolved reference to setgroups in function main:

    $ make
    (cd openbsd-compat && make)
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/openssh-3.2.2p1/openbsd-compat
'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/openssh-3.2.2p1/openbsd-compat'
    gcc -o sshd.exe sshd.o auth.o auth1.o auth2.o auth-chall.o auth2-cha
ll.o auth-rhosts.o auth-options.o auth-krb4.o auth-krb5.o auth-pam.o aut
h2-pam.o auth-passwd.o auth-rsa.o auth-rh-rsa.o auth-sia.o sshpty.o sshl
ogin.o loginrec.o servconf.o serverloop.o md5crypt.o session.o groupacce
ss.o auth-skey.o auth-bsdauth.o monitor_mm.o monitor.o -L. -Lopenbsd-com
pat/  -lssh -lopenbsd-compat   -lz /usr/lib/textmode.o -lcrypto
    Warning: resolving ___progname by linking to __imp____progname (auto
-import) sshd.o: In function `main':
    /usr/src/openssh-3.2.2p1/sshd.c:1015: undefined reference to `setgro
ups'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [sshd.exe] Error 1

I think I need a library containing the setgroups object code (?).  Any
suggestions?

TIA,

David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/