Subject: Re: Successful Build of rpm-4.0.3
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:41:49 -0700

>>>>> "Max" == Max Bowsher <[email-masked]> writes:

    Max> The attached shell script contains the steps I used to build
    Max> rpm-4.0.3 (with its included db) on an up-to-date cygwin. It
    Max> is heavily based on the instructions by Mario Schmidt at
    Max> http://rtfm.shagged.org/~mario/cygwin

Wow, this is great!  I had a project[1] on the shelf involving a port
of RPM 3.0.7 that I hadn't had time lately to clean up and submit.
Now that you've got it running, I can move up to RPM 4.

    Max> Given the number of hacks to Makefile (using perl - I'm not
    Max> fond of sed), I cannot exactly say it builds cleanly, but it
    Max> still does pretty well.

I'll study the patches and see about submitting it.  Did you plan on
submitting it as a maintained port?  If not, I wouldn't mind
volunteering to be the RPM maintainer, in case you don't have the time
and/or interest in being the maintainer.

[1] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-07/msg00074.html

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/