Subject: Keychain package not installed with setup
From: "Tony Arnold" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:03:02 +0100

I've just installed cygwin ona laptop and was curious to note that the
package keychain was not there. It didn't show up in the list of
packages in setup and there was no directory for it in the release
directory (I did a download with setup).

After some detective work I noticed that there is an entry in setup.ini
for this package but it has a line [test] in the middle of it. Here is
the snippet:

@ keychain
sdesc: "An OpenSSH key manager"
ldesc: "Keychain is an OpenSSH key manager, typically run from
~/.bash_profile. When run, it will make sure ssh-agent is running; if
not, it will start ssh-agent. It will redirect ssh-agent's output to
~/.ssh-agent, so that cron jobs that need to use ssh-agent keys can
simply source this file and make the necessary passwordless ssh
connections. In addition, when keychain runs, it will check with
ssh-agent and make sure that the ssh RSA/DSA keys that you specified on
the keychain command line have actually been added to ssh-agent. If not,
you are prompted for the appropriate passphrases so that they can be
added by keychain."
category: Utils
requires: openssh bash grep gawk sh-utils cygwin
[test]
version: 1.8-1
install: release/keychain/keychain-1.8-1.tar.bz2 7743
4eaac6fd38817a49cb1b16d0e4
ee58d5
source: release/keychain/keychain-1.8-1-src.tar.bz2 11438
7be3f66015f080b9fbb2a7
b1bf145421

Anyone know why the [test] line is there? Has keychain effectively been
removed from the distribution and if so is there a good reason for this?
I have it installed on my desktop machine so it was there once and it
works fine.

Regards,
Tony.
-- 
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
E-mail: [email-masked], Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/