Subject: RE: An updated 2.125 setup possible?
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:55:04 +1000

Please don't use HTML mail. Also please keep the conversation on-list.

I don't recall the tag - I think it is category though. You need to
build it as part of the cygwin winsup tree - place it in the directory
src/winsup/cinstall -  before configuring the source.

As for the two issues you describe - 
1) is fixed in HEAD - try the latest snapshot from
cygwin.com/setup-snapshots.
2) please submit a patch.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 11:44 AM
To: Robert Collins
Subject: RE: An updated 2.125 setup possible?

Would you please give me a 2.125 package readily makeable? I have
checked out the source from CVS, but: 1) I am not sure which tag has the
complete 2.125.2.10 source ("category"?); 2) I do not know how to make
(configure) them. Sorry I do not know much about the auto* tools and I
get no info from README. Maybe they are just too simple for you. 

Two things about the new setup frets me most. 1) Trying to install
locally non-existent package when "install from local directory" (2.125
does not have this problem); 2) ugly display on Chinese Windows
(specifying True-Type fonts and tuning the dialog size should do). 

I don't know much about the "source only packages" and "postinstall
scripts", but I use the old setup to install (using the new one to
download) and it seems to have no problems. 

Sorry for disturbing you. If the new setup could solve these problems I
would not want to use the old version. 

I am not a GNU veteran but I think I know something about
internationalization and C/C++ programming. I would like to contribute
something if I can help. 

Best regards, 

Wu Yongwei 

---- 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wu Yongwei [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:43 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: An updated 2.125 setup possible?
> 
> 
> Is it possible to maintain a 2.125 setup? If I am not 
> mistaken, the only current problem is the MD5 checksum in the 
> ini file. We need only to make the 2.125 setup ignore them. 
> The "new" setup should be ideally put in the directory 
> containing setup.exe and be named setup-old.exe.

And source only packages. And postinstall scripts. You are welcome to
maintain a fork that supports these features. I don't have time to do so
myself. Or... you could contribute towards making the newer setup meet
your needs better.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/