Subject: Re[2]: setup-2.243 Crash / Install from Local Directory / WinXP
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: "Cliff Hones" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:28:03 +0200

Hello Cliff,

Wednesday, May 22, 2002, 4:22:57 PM, you wrote:

CH> Robert Collins <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> C'mon Max, you *know* I need more detail than that.
>> 
>> Install from Local works fine here. Even though it's only a snapshot, I
>> wasn't aware of any -bugs- in the release.

CH> Why doesn't http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg01210.html count
CH> as a bug?  Is it because it was on W98?

I've been tracing the exception with a disassembler - I'm not quite
positve why exactly does the fault occur, but I can say for sure
that it was caused from some code inside LogSingleton or LogFile
classes. Maybe an exception being thrown from one of these... I can't
be sure because it seems that the source provided along with the
binary snapshot is not exactly the same as the one from which the
binary was compiled... Robert, can you confirm/deny this assumption ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/