Subject: help needed
From: "Rajini" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:45:11 +0530

Hello,

I am using cygwin on my Windows NT system and facing a problem. I have an
application which opens the terminal as file and writes and read to the
terminal. The source code is in Fortran which opens the file with name
specified as value returned by utility 'tty' i.e is terminal name. For this
very reason I download the cygwin for internet. The problem, I am now facing
is that if I compile and build the executable with the 'g77' compiler
supplied with cygwin, the application works i.e. the application opens the
terminal as file and reads and writes to the terminal. But if I compile and
build the application using 'Compaq Visual Fortran Optimizing Compiler
Version 6.1', the application does not write and read to terminal, instead
it writes and tries to read from a file '/dev/conin'. The is beacuse 'tty'
utility of cygwin returns this value and therefore application opens a file
named as 'conin' under the 'dev' folder of current working drive. This is
not the case if the application is built using the 'g77' compiler available
with cygwin.

Kindly, let as know how can we work out a solution for this as we have to
build the application using the
'Compaq Visual Fortran Optimizing Compiler Version 6.1' which is available
with Visual Studio from Microsoft.

With Regards,
Rajini
Nitin.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/