Subject: Re: Crash during setup
From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:27:45 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi,

I don't use an existing or designated folder for Cygwin downloads. When 
asking for the local package directory, I specify a directory that does 
not yet exist so it will be created. I also already tried to use 
serveral mirror sites but it does not help. The setup.ini file that gets 
properly downloaded in the local package directory I specified ist 102kb 
in size (MD5 DB7B6E8CD14D8957B4454C2B845C84D6). I sure can post it if 
you like.

-- 

Sebastian Schuberth

> Hi,
> 
> Are you using an exisiting folder for your local package directory?  If
> so, it is reccommended that you use an empty, new folder.  Just something
> I noticed, because otherwise setup.exe is searching all over an existing
> folder for setup.ini and may possibly be picking up the wrong one.  Also,
> if you are already using a designated folder only for cygwin downloads,
> then I suggest clearing out what had been created by previous attempts and
> retry from a different mirror.
> 
> Cheers,
> Nicholas

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/