Subject: Re: Install Problems
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:58:35 -0400

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:35:50PM -0400, Jim Furey wrote:
>I have attempted several installs to a Win2k system of the cygwin-ports
>using setup.exe on the GNU cd.  I keep getting an unexpected end of file
>error on ex.exe and then wget.mo And then I am thrown out.  It says it
>creates a log but I am unable to find it.
>
>Any suggestions?

Although I contributed the cygwin stuff to the GNU CD, I never got a
chance to actually test it.  Apparently something is screwed up badly.
Possibly, using a newer version of setup.exe than the one on the CD may
work.

I've asked the FSF to send me a CD so I can see what's up.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/