Subject: pine dumps core on exit
From: Scott Evans <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 20 May 2002 17:04:37 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

I just updated to the lastest Cygwin and figured I'd try pine.  
It looked to be working well until I exited, at which point I got
this error:

| Problem detected: "header size inconsistent".
| Pine Exiting.
| Aborted (core dumped)

... and pine exited, leaving my INBOX kind of corrupted.

This appears to have something to do with ctrl-M's at the end of some
lines in mail folders that pine creates... or something.  I'm not clear
on exactly what's happening.  For instance, sending an email in pine
will create a "sent-mail" folder, and the "do not erase this message"
bit at the beginning of the folder has Ctrl-M's, but the rest of the
folder doesn't.  I can see how this might confuse pine.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any ideas what's going on?  When I install
Cygwin I choose "DOS" as the default file type but I've never known
what that actually *does* (and I probably have no reason to choose it);
I guess it's possible that my troubles relate to whatever setting 
results from that.

--
 scott evans :: www.antisleep.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/