Subject: Re: Annoying cmd console spawn with remote access and Win 2000
From: Shankar Unni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:35:10 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Charles Wilson wrote:

> (b) You guys suck!  I'm angry!  I spent all day downloading cygwin and 
> it doesn't do what I want!  FIX IT!!!  NOW!

Now, now.. He didn't say that, or even anything even remotely like that..

I think we have a major cultural divide (a chasm!) here. In other parts 
of the world, "mad" is used to signify "crazy", not "angry"; that's a 
pure Americanism. Pavel's just saying:

   - Here's something that's driving me *crazy*
   - Here are the symptoms
   - It used to work on WinNT.
   - Help!

That's all he said, and he was really polite about it, too. Please go 
easy on him.. (At least Chris' comment was helpful, though it doesn't 
explain why it worked on WinNT and not on Win2K, unless Pavel was using 
some other setup on NT..)

--
Shankar.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/