Subject: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken
From: John Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:32:04 -0400

As far as I can see, setup 2.218.2.8 and 2.218.2.9 are still broken, as
described on this list.  

In case it's not clear, you go through an entire download, and the last
thing to be downloaded reports "Download Incomplete" on a popup, and as
far as I can see, you can never correctly install Cygwin.  Like other
correspondents, I've tried several combinations of mirrors and download
styles, and none of them seem to work correctly or completely or at
least without very alarming sounding error messages.  Beats me whether
the post-install script works or not.

If you're going to work on this, could you leave a working version in
place while you do so, and try it before posting it?  Thanks.

-- 
John Haggerty
internet: [email-masked]
voice/fax: 631 344 2286/4592
http://www.phenix.bnl.gov/~haggerty

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/