Subject: Re: SSHD under SYSTEM account: r e s o l v e d :-)
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:40:35 +0200

Corinna schrieb:

>> I will try to find a solution some more days and if there is a way to
>> use PublicKey Auth with RSA SSH1 and DSA SSH2 enabled and
>>     PasswordAuthentication no
>> I will find it;)

> Am I wrong or didn't you read my message, answering to your problems:

>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg00836.html

No, I didn't saw this.  Hmmm.  Would you please include my private email
in the CC field...?  No, just kidding, I'm sorry, I didn't saw it.

It is still a mystery to me.  At the Linux box there is the config:
Protocol 1,2
and I can connect using my DSA key without specifying -2 at the
commandline.  My ssh_config contains nothing.  It just works.
And now after trying to fix all the involved passwd and group files and
all the ownerships of all files in my home dirs here and there it works
well;)

Just one caveat, it seems PuTTY thinks that I have another GID as I have
in the Cygwin realm so connecting with PuTTY to the Cygwin box still
doesn't work.  Well, I will try to change the NTGroups so that my first
group in the list is the same as in Cygwin and then I guess it will work
too.

Many, many thanks to all of you to help me with this (my own handmade)
problem.  Just for all others, fix your group and passwd files, fix it
again and just one more time.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/