Subject: src files for setup : repeatedly offered
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:50:45 +0100

Having a few problems on W98/SE with setup.exe v.2.218.2.8 (md5sum
9689c564b7cc316b5650fce3f41e16e2 is it my imagination or has there been more
than one 2.8?) including "incomplete installation" messages. But nothing
intrinsically different to phenomena already reported by others.

But my question, or observation, is about the new possibility of
downloading/ installing setup*src* files. There's no binary, and so no
record is kept of whether a user has or has not "installed" these files. So,
irrespectively and interminably, the offer to do so is repeatedly made at
subsequent visits to http://cygwin.com/setup.exe. Yes? That's my experience
anyway. (At least, it is when All Default is clicked to All Install.) For
all other packages, the source files are offered as an optional extra to the
binaries, so the situation does not arise.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/