Subject: Re: [MinGW-dvlpr] Re: gcc 3.1 [-mno-cygwin and __main ]
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:38:39 +0400

Hi!

Wednesday, 15 May, 2002 Christopher Faylor [email-masked] wrote:

>>I don't know how (when/if) cygwin will implement dwarf2 EH.  Richard
>>Henderson's patch was spot on, except for wrong use of -1 rather than 0
>>as sentinel for end of eh_frame table.
>>
>>My preference is to try to keep the differences between mingw and
>>cygwin in gcc code as small as possible.

CF> For sure.  I'd like there to be no difference at all, if possible.

CF> I'd like to either create a cygwin-mingw branch on the main repository
CF> or create a completely separate CVS repository so that we could
CF> coordinate patches.  Would you be interested in doing this, Danny?  I
CF> can see that we'll be in patch hell otherwise.  I have a local sandbox
CF> with your changes but it appears to be out-of-date already.

That'd be great. I believe i can try to step in as cygwin gcc
maintainer (at least i currently do have both time and willingness for
that). Having cvs branch or separate repo would make things easier. I
certainly lost a track for cygwin- and mingw-specific patches some
time ago.

Btw, Chris, some time ago there was a discussion of would be
cygisolate or cygjail of cyg-some-other-fancy-name utility to allow
several independent "cygwins" running simultaneously on the same
machine. As long as you've added appropriate cygwin_internal hooks, i
suppose you have this utility. If it's so, would you mind putting it
winsup/utils ? Using it would certainly make testing of new packages
more robust.

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/