Subject: Re: cygwin and windows98
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gary R Buell" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: "David C Leeth" <[email-masked]>, "Gary R Buell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:10:08 -0400

At 01:05 PM 5/15/2002, Gary R Buell wrote:
>do you have any perls of wisdom for installing Cygwin.dll on Windows98?
>what is wrong if Cygwin is installed on a Windows98 platform, pointers to
>/cygwin/bin added to the path setting, and no response in a command window
>when one of the Cygwin commands is entered?

Sounds like a bad installation to me.  I suggest removing what you have and
going to www.cygwin.com and clicking on "Install Now".  Setup.exe will create
an installation that should work for you.  Many others have done so on various
Windows platforms.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/