Subject: Re[2]: Latest Setup.exe Fails (Win2k)
From: Lee Goddard <[email-masked]>
To: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:53:30 +0200

At 14:32 15/05/2002 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>Hello Lee,
>
>1. Which is the mirror that you were using when setup.exe
>hung ? From your description of the problem its not quite
>clear.

I've tried several mirrors, one at a time.

>2. Are you doing install from internet or from local directory ?
>Or maybe it was just a download only run ?

 From the Internet.

>3. Please supply the listing of your download directory contents
>and also of the subdirectory inside your download dir, which has the
>name of the mirror you were trying to use. Do not do a recursive
>listing i.e. use "dir" and not "dir /s".

In two cases, my package dirs contain just setup.ini.

In one case, I have etc, which contains three files: last-cache,
timestamp, and last-mirror. The latter contains just the URI:
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin

Another case is the same, with the URI being:
ftp://ftp.ccp14.dl.ac.uk/ccp14/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin

Another case:
ftp://ftp.nas.nasa.gov/mirrors/cygwin.com/pub/cygwin

In every case, the systsem hangs with the dialogue box saying
"This space intentionally blank" (or such) and the window is shown
as "Not responding"  in Windows' task manager, with 100%  use
of a 1400 mhz CPU.

Thanks - HTH
lee

>Wednesday, May 15, 2002, 1:29:10 PM, you wrote:
>
>
>LG> Sorry - forgot the obvious: it is the latest version at the
>LG> time of writing, which is 2.218.2.8.
>
>LG>  >
> >> >
> >> > Hi there.
> >> >
> >> > The latest setup.exe fails on my system: 100% CPU indefinetly
> >> > and all the screen says is something like 'this space
> >> > intentionally blank.' I've tried 10 different mirrors, it
> >> > downloads something from them Itelling me if it can't or if
> >> > the setup.ini is out of date in relation to
> >> > the exe).
> >> > This is the latest seup.exe from cygwin.com.
> >> >

Lee Goddard
perl -e "while(1){print rand>0.5 ? chr 47 : chr 92}"

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/