Subject: Re: Default mounts : one redundant?
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:15:31 +0100

>>  "You know better than to send this inquiry to the Cygwin list ..."

>>  "This is off-topic, it belongs on [email-masked] ..."

On or about 19th April all the XFree86 stuff became available at the Cygwin
mirrors and for the first time required no special download or installation
procedures. A new user (or even several old users: 3 so far, by my
reckoning) might be forgiven for deducing that associated queries could
thereafter be reasonably directed to this list [email-masked]. Hooray for
ease.

However: apparently not (even for questions like this one which is a
perplexing one about architecture, not practice. Speaking just for myself,
it really isn't always easy for those posing queries to determine where that
query should reside). But anyway, please could we have a ruling: despite the
consistency of its download and installation and the seamless manner in
which it has become part of the standard provision, are queries about XFree
stuff still to be directed elsewhere than [email-masked]?

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/