Subject: Re: setup problem(s)
From: "Drew Stile" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:10:59 -0500

This will be a  "me too message," I'm afraid.  I still have an older version
(Setup2.194.2.26) which works to download and/or install most stuff, but it
won't download some of the newer packages that I want, and it's having big
problems with a lot of the X-Free86 programs- I can't get XFree86-fenc,
XFree86-fnts, XFree86-fscl, XFree86-html, XFree86-prog, or XFree86-ps to
install at all- I get this message instead:

Cannot open (null) for reading: No such file

Don't know if that's a problem with the setup.exe program- I can still
install all of the XFree86 binaries that I downloaded directly by following
the old directions in the Cygwin-XFree86 User's Guide.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

As for the setup.exe programs, I have had no success with the last three
versions:

The setup program 2.218.2.3 (20020510.exe) would download stuff, but would
hang while it was installing and then crash.

The one after that 2.218.2.4   (20020511.exe) is completely horked- it hangs
every time I try to start it.

And the newest version of all, the Setup.exe that I got there yesterday when
you click on "Download now" would not work- it said it couldn't find the
required cygwin1.dll

I am using Win Me

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Drew-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Brand" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:49 AM
Subject: setup problem(s)

> I have been using a version of cygwin that I installed a while ago, and
> mostly it was fine, but I wasn't completely happy (for example, "man"
> always gave an error), so I decided to re-install to pick up any updates
> and to ensure that I had everything installed that I might need.
>
> I ran the setup.exe that I had from before, and it prompted me for a
> mirror and everything then crashed with a protection fault.
>
> So I downloaded the latest setup.exe and this one won't run at all - it
> complains that cygwin1.dll can't be found (which seems a little odd as
> surely that's part of what I'm trying to download).
>
> I'm pretty stuck right now as far as reinstalling is concerned, although
> my existing install does still seem to work.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/