Subject: Re: Cut and paste standard input and output
From: "John Vincent" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:15:47 +0000

At the risk of being a "me too", I'd like to offer Chris every encouragement 
and support in every way possible [excluding any practical help:-)] to 
implement a feature so that doing an ls on /dev lists all devices, and in 
general, make any file name that can be open()ed, or stat()ed be possible to 
find by looking in the file hierarchy.

Devices and mount points are currently a bit ugly in cygwin compared to 
Linux/Un*x file systems.

Thanks,
/John.

> >>And don't forget the read/write capability ot /dev/clipboard.
> >>Rpb
>
>
>Is there a way to mount /dev so one can see everything that's available
>there?
Do you want there to be one? It shouldn't be too difficult to add one based
on the fhandler_virtual class. It would be a good excuse to add mount point
support to the class as well, although initially I suspect I'd hard-code it
at /dev.

Chris

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/