Subject: Problems handling Ctrl-C on dual-processor machine in cygwin
From: Sudheer Tumuluru <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:58:01 -0700

Hi,
        I have a Perl script which encapsulates a Win32 application: it
does some pre-launch stuff, launches the Win32 application, waits for it
to terninate and then does some other stuff at the end. I am executing
this script from within Command-prompt (cmd.exe) on Windows 2000
Professional SP2(Cygwin 1.3.10-1).

          I have a single-processor box and it seems to handle Ctrl-C on
the embedded Win32 app. well: both from the bash shell and the
cmd-shell. The app. stops and Perl script continues execution. But on a
dual-processor box, the Win32 app. terminates cleanly but the Perl
script doesn't continue... it seems to be getting the signal as well;
and as a result terminates in the middle. I don't have problems doing
the same from the bash prompt (in cygwin on the same box), but only from
the cmd-prompt! Cannot reproduce it on a single-proc box at all.

        Can somebody provide some insight into how to fix this
problem? Is it a problem with some cygwin configuration or a genuine bug
(of the interaction between Cygwin and the cmd.exe shell)?

Thanks in advance,
Sudheer Tumuluru

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/