Subject: Re: where is cygintl-1.dll?
From: David T-G <[email-masked]>
To: "CygWin Users' List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Harold Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:15:04 -0500

Harold --

...and then Harold Hunt said...
% 
% In less than 10 clicks I went into setup.exe (having no idea where libintl1
% is) and expanded the package tree to find All->Libs->libintl1.  What was so
% hard about that?

Aha!  I don't have that in my version :-)  I looked there, believe me.  I
clicked through *every* section and looked through libs three times.

% 
% It may be that you have been working with a bad mirror site that doesn't
% have recent packages (or maybe it is *way* out of synch).  Try the
% mirrors.rcn.net hosts if you can't find libintl1 in setup.exe's package
% listing.

Yeah.  That sounds likely.

The odd thing is that I downloaded the whole package to not only install
it on my work computer (which has never had a cygwin install on it
before) but also to bring home behind my crappy dialup to reinstall.  The
one at work works -- no cygintl dll errors at all!

% 
% Harold

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
-- 
David T-G                      * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [email-masked] * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) [email-masked]
http://www.justpickone.org/davidtg/    Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!