Subject: Installation Issue, un-scriptable installer.
From: Ryan Fulcher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:32:06 -0700

To my GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT the package selection menu is NOT KEYABLE!

I am having an issue with the cygwin installation, here is my situation.
I am installing 400+ workstations at a school, they are all 2k and I've
devised a touchless installation process for the OS and ALL the apps.

I use VBS scripts for each applications installation and have been able
to deal with many quarks regarding each packages unique installation
process.  UNTIL NOW! of all the unfriendly installers I have to say
I am very disappointed with the cygwin installer.  You see the VBS
scripts rely heavily on the use of "window title detection">OutPut and
"KEYSTROKING">InPut as it's difficult to control the mouse with a
script.

To my GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT the package selection menu is NOT KEYABLE!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the setup.exe respond to keystrokes, eg.
{TAB 4}{TAB}{TAB} over to the package I like, " "cycle the behavior
between (skip, install_vX, install_vY, install_vZ). {alt}+{n} next
step in the installation.. This would be a great help. cummon guys
open source stuff is supposed to be "Friendly", that means it plays
well with "keyboards"!!!!!

L8r
 ThanX for hearing my rants
  Ryan [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/