Subject: Re: apache PHP segmentation fault
From: "Sukhwinder Singh" <[email-masked]>
To: "Stipe Tolj" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:11:22 +0530

>neither of both has been used while building php4.

I think that it is not cygwin specific error because I faced same problems
after compiling php 4.2 and apache 2.0 on
Linux. Problems were with java and swf extensions.

I think person who has compiled this php module will be in a better position
to find the cause of this fault.

But you can try it yourself also.

If you know that php module was compiled with --enable-debug option and want
to try yourself, then gdb (GNU debugger) can be used to find the cause.

Follow the steps provided at
http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

If debugging wasn't enabled when compiling php then do you know support for
which extensions is enabled (extensions enabled using --with-xxx options
when compiling php). If you know then list them and I'll try to compile php
using those extensions and see if this also causes problems on Linux.

Other option is to try to compile php and apache yourself using cygwin. The
earlier link http://www.geocities.com/honey_jal/index.htm provides
information about how to compile php and apache on Linux. I think same
procedure may be followed when compiling using cygwin.

If you want to compile php and apache yourself to see what is causing
problems then you can do this:

First try to compile php without enabling any extension. If everything
works, then it is possible that some extension is causing this problem.

Then compile php again with options you want to use but this time also
use --enable-debug option. Now follow the steps provided at
http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

Sukhwinder Singh

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/