Subject: Re: apache PHP segmentation fault
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 19:29:59 +0100

Stipe Tolj wrote in <[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Thu, 09 May 2002 12:48:12 +0200:

> > Well, that didn't help. The postinstall script ran without showing any
> > errors but the problem is still ocurring when I try to use PHP.
> > I still can't see anything wrong with the set-up.
> Ok, have you set the php4 handler for the .php extensions in
> /etc/apache/httpd.conf?

I've got
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
in there but there's no AddHandler line. Should there be?

> If yes, what exactly happens and when. Is the assigned httpd child
> coredumping when you try to access a .php file?

The child process terminates with the error message I've already
mentioned. There's a small stackdump generated in the same directory
as the offending php script but that's all. The web browser gets some
of the output before this happens though. It always gets as far as the
title of the "apache" section to the phpinfo() output and no further.
It behaves exactly the same every time.

I don't have a php.ini file anywhere. From the output of phpinfo()
that I do get this should be in /usr/local/lib/php.ini.

Ah ha! I've copied the php.ini-recommended file from a download of
4.2.0 for Windows native to /usr/local/lib/php.ini and the problem has
gone away. No more segmentation faults.

Perhaps the package should include a default php.ini file for idiots
like me?

Thanks anyway.

-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/