Subject: Cygwin port of apache problems
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 08:12:34 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Perhaps I should also post this to the Apache group but it smells like 
it might be a Cygwin problem.

I recently updated my Cygwin installation and noticed that Apache was 
ported to Cygwin. So I attempted to configure the Apache server. I left 
everything as default except for port which I changed to 8000. Normally 
I run the Windows version of Apache so I didn't want to interfere with 
that.

However when I start Apache with apachectl start and attempt to go to my 
web site on port 8000 I see the following listed in the error_log and 
nothing gets displayed in the browser:

C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap 
C:\Cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll to same address as parent -- 
0x470000
332006594 [main] httpd 1616 sync_with_child: child 4060(0x66C) died 
before initialization with status code 0x1
332043647 [main] httpd 1616 sync_with_child: *** child state child 
loading dlls
[Thu May  9 08:12:00 2002] [error] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: 
fork: Unable to fork new process

Any ideas?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/