Subject: Re: java on cygwin - 2082 tests pass
From: Christian Jönsson <[email-masked]>
To: java <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>, "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <[email-masked]>, cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:53:51 +0200

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:05:30AM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "David" == Billinghurst, David (CRTS) <[email-masked]> writes:

<snip>

> I assume you are building with threads enabled?
> As I understand it the GC currently doesn't support threads on Cygwin,
> though Hans has a pending patch.
> 
> David> FAIL: Array_3 execution from source compiled test
> 
> This tests null pointer exception creation and handling.

I have severe problems with Array_3 from gcc-3.1 on sparc32-linux also
as I have reported before. It goes into an infinite loop, past
dejagnu's 300 sec limit, does not abort, eventaully the system
crashes.

This is on a, currently dual sun4m, (SS20) system running Debian Woody
with a 2.2.20 SMP kernel. It might be related to a kernel memory
handling problem as davem suggests.

Cheers,

/ChJ  

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/