Subject: RE: problem starting inetd as NT service
From: Mellman Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: "'Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:37:06 +0200

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [mailto:[email-masked]]

>>>Ah, I afraid that's the key.  mkpasswd - both with -l and -d 
>>options - does not yield my account name.  I guess my 
>>employer REALLY has the security tied down.  Does that mean 
>>that telnet is out for me?
>>
>>
>>Not necessarily.  You need to be able to create a proper 
>>/etc/passwd file.
>>mkpasswd will do this for you normally.  However, if you can 
>>find the proper
>>info, you can create one manually.  Before embarking on this 
>>"last resort"
>>path though, look at Jason Tishler's 'mkpasswd' email from 
>>today.  That thread
>>may have some useful information for you.

Yes, I was just pondering it.  When I try with the -lu* option,
that's the error message I get: 2221.

Thank you for the information.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/