Subject: Re: Supplying a port
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: "Gregg C Levine" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:26:45 +0200

Hello Gregg,

Wednesday, May 08, 2002, 2:19:36 AM, you wrote:

GCL> Hello from Gregg C Levine
GCL> Has MC been ported to run under Cygwin? It's my favorite command shell
GCL> on both distributions of Linux that I run here. I thought I saw a
GCL> reference to it, on the home page, earlier on, but its not there now, so
GCL> I thought I'd give it a whirl. If it is successful, how do I submit it

I am working on in it and would like to submit it as a cygwin package.
There are several issues which I'm trying currently to fix/workaround
but I'm quite busy right now.

1) Susbshell support - browse directories after 5 minutes or less
and'll got a lockup. It locks on a wait () call I think trying to
read from the subshell pty.

Easy fix for this is to disable subshell support.

2) MMAP support - By default the configure cant detect that cygwin
has a mmap() call and disable the mmap usage. If you try to open a
file greater than the size of the system memory, MC segfaults.

Fix - use --with-mmap (i think this is the option) configure option
to force usage of MMAP

3) I compiled with ncurses support and I'm very often struck by
segfaults on exit from the MC editor. I'm still not sure if this has
something to do with ncurses or just MC is buggy...

1 and 3 is what I'm trying to fix currently. If this is fixed I think
MC can be used pretty well.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/