Subject: Setup program is hanging
From: "Mark Sztainbok" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:12:02 +1000

When I try to run the Cygwin setup program (version 2.194.2.26), it
downloads setup.ini and then uses a lot of CPU time and displays a blank
screen saying "This space is left intentionally blank" and I have to end
up killing the program.

I've also tried using the two snapshot versions (2.216 and 2.218.2.2)
from http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots and in both cases I get a
parse stack overflow error in setup.ini.

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

What is causing the setup program to fail as I'm findingiit frustrating
that currently I can't update my Cygwin installation especially given
that it was working about a week or two ago?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/