Subject: Re: [ANN] updated: apache-1.3.24-4
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:47:16 +0200

Paul Stodghill wrote:
> 
> I just ran setup and picked up apache-1.3.24-4 and I noticed that it clobbered my /etc/apache/httpd.conf! :-/
> 
> Perhaps you could provide /etc/apache/httpd.conf and /etc/apache/httpd.conf.package., with httpd.conf.package always being updated, but httpd.conf only being updated if the user hasn't changed it.

yep, an profiled /etc/httpd.conf will be overwritten in case a new
version is installed. I guess we should distribute /etc/httpd.conf.new
and test existance of a previous /etc/httpd.conf in a postinstall
script.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/