Subject: Re: setup fails: "Can't open (null) for reading: No such file"
From: Matt Wilkie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 23:56:37 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

>>>Are you aware that 'install from internet' also makes the install
>>>sets available?
>>
>>When I read the instructions a month ago, I got the impression that
>>'install from internet' would not save the downloaded packages after
>>installing them.  Perhaps the documentation (and/or the behavior of
>>setup) has changed since then.
> 
> 
> For as long as I've been aware of it, Install from Internet cached the
> package archive files just like Download from Internet.  If you can suggest
> an improvement in the documentation that would make that clearer for you, a
> change would be gratefully received.

Where are the "Install from Internet" files cached?

I've been using cygwin for year or two and have always picked "Download" 
because like Perry I assumed the first option meant 'delete downloaded 
files when done'. Does this mean I now have two copies of every 
installation archive?

cheers,

-matt wilkie

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/