Subject: Re: libpng changes...again. [Was: Re: I~M~-build tips Site corrections tobe made]
From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Randers-Pehrson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:14:19 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:

> 
> I'm not removing pkgconfig/libpng.pc
> 
> I am merely adding bin/libpng-config for anyone who wants it.
> You are free to ignore libpng-config.

Yes, I just got finished reading the last two weeks of png-implement. 
(Next I'll start on the US Tax Code...<g>).  I misunderstood your 
earlier email; it sounded like png-config was going to *replace* 
pkg-config/libpng*.pc, which would definitely be a step backwards IMO. 
However, *adding* a png-config is not a bad idea at all; people seem to 
be more comfortable with scripting around those in client configure.in's 
for some reason.

As I said, I'm all better now.  Move along, nothin' to see here...

--Chuck

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/