Subject: RE: setup fails: "Can't open (null) for reading: No such file"
From: [email-masked] (Perry Hutchison)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 May 02 14:11:37 PDT

> > > Why did you run a two-step install?
> >
> > To have the install sets available for setting up other machines,
> > or for reinstalling this one if (when!) Windoze gets hosed.
> 
> Are you aware that 'install from internet' also makes the install
> sets available?

When I read the instructions a month ago, I got the impression that
'install from internet' would not save the downloaded packages after
installing them.  Perhaps the documentation (and/or the behavior of
setup) has changed since then.

Anyway, I still need to find out if there is a simple way to recover
from this mess or if I need to wipe the whole thing and start over.
How do I discover what-all is corrupted and needs to be replaced, and
what (if anything) is still OK?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/