Subject: Re: Mathematical Functions
From: Stephen Powell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 16:16:56 +1000
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

>>>>> "Randall" == Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    > Secondly, the reason I/O redirection didn't capture the
    > compiler's error messages is that errors are sent to the
    > "standard error" output, which requires a variant redirection
    > syntax:

    > BASH & ash:

[...]

    > commandThatProducesErrorMessages >allOutput 2>&1

In BASH you can also use &> to redirect standard output and standard
error to the same place.  I find this easier to type.  See the BASH
man page section titled /REDIRECTION/.

commandThatProducesErrorMessages &>allOutput

-- 
Stephen Powell
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/