Subject: Re: Support for Windows 2000 Professional
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 23:42:02 +0100

windman J wrote in
<[email-masked]>
on Fri, 3 May 2002 15:30:32 -0700 (PDT):

> Does Cygwin runs on Win2k Pro as well?

* sigh * ;-)

From the /front page/ of http://www.cygwin.com/ - near the top, too!

"The Cygwin DLL works with all non-beta versions of Windows since
Windows 95, with the exception of Windows CE."

From the FAQ http://cygwin.com/faq/

"What versions of Windows are supported? ... Cygwin can be expected to
run on all modern 32 bit versions of Windows, except Windows CE. This
includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP."

There is one caveat. The packages available using
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe run on the x86/PC processor version of
Win32, not on the Alpha or other version.

As the introduction to the mailing list says
(http://cygwin.com/lists.html) you should really read the
documentation and FAQ and search the online mailing list archive
before posting questions here.

-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/