Subject: Re: Problems starting apache, DLL base address conflicts?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "S. L." <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:08:15 +0200

"S. L." wrote:
> 
> > Based upon Jason's pointers, I used the following command to rebase the
> > apache dll's, and now it seems to work,
> >
> [...]
> 
> So this must lead to conclusion that the method of using of the "third
> party" ld.exe (the one with auto-import that Stipe recommends -- and actually
> works OTF -- in cygwin.html) must be augmented with this "rebase after link"
> method. :)

I didn't use the Ralf Habacker's ld version anymore. At least since
Cygwin's packaged ld supports the auto-import function.

> Any hope to shorten this last method ?!

Yep, do we (package contributors) have to rebase packages before
tarballing them, or what's the standard way to do it?

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/