Subject: Re: New snapshot with significant new functionality
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 07:15:56 +0100

No problems, but is all the following expected behaviour? Having
uncompressed the new .dll and copied it to /bin:

1. had to make /proc using mkdir /proc

2. ls -al / doesn't actually show /proc

3. ls -al /proc shows (something like)

dr-xr-xr-x   10 0        medicine        0 Jan  1  1970 1951627
dr-xr-xr-x   10 0        medicine        0 Jan  1  1970 2022611
dr-xr-xr-x    7 0        medicine        0 May  2 07:11 registry
-r--r--r--    1 0        medicine        0 May  2 07:11 uptime
-r--r--r--    1 0        medicine        0 May  2 07:11 version

4. Note lack of . and ..

5. ls -al /proc/1951627 shows a lot of stuff, but

6. ls -al /proc/2022611 gives

ls: /proc/2022611: No such file or directory

If this is all what /should/ happen then that's fine (and please excuse
naive questioning).

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/