Subject: Re: 1.3.10: Permission Denied error (EACCES 13) on Win98SE
From: Greg Houlette <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ton van Overbeek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 17:10:41 -0700

Tom,

Thanks for the confirmation.  I had suspected that this error
was reproducible on Win98SE systems other than mine and I also
believe that it may be related to the FAT32 file system.  The
Cyclone buildlib utility uses OPEN rather than STAT due to the
issue of STAT being a bit more platform dependent.

There may be an easy fix for this in the Cygwin DLL, but I'm
not knowledgeable enough yet to finger it...

GregH

At 11:24 AM 5/1/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Greg,
>
>Just to confirm. On my W98SE, cygwin 1.3.10 I get the same
>permission error when running your test program.
>It could also have something to do with FAT32 vs NTFS.
>
>Ton van Overbeek

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/