Subject: RE: Where is iostat?
From: "Peter Moulding" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:16:39 +1000

Hello David,
Neither page mentions iostat. Lots of programs are bundled in to
packages where the package description mentions only a few or none of
the enclosed programs.

I found iostat listed in a Cygwin Web page a few days ago but did not
bookmark the page. The page listed a directory structure that did not
match anything in Cygwin and none of the path components matched package
names.

That leaves me with one entry on the Cygwin site that mentioned an
iostat.h file but nothing in the download. Through trial and error, I
currently have 182 Mb of Cygwin installed, over 12,000 files, but still
no iostat. Surely there must be an easier way. There must be a file that
lists the contents of packages.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: David Starks-Browning [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2002 6:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Where is iostat?

On Tuesday 30 Apr 02, Peter Moulding writes:
> I cannot find iostat and some other commands in Cygwin. How do you
find
> out which package contains a command?

Read the Cygwin FAQ entry "Which packages should I download?".  Or
find "Package Listing" on the Cygwin home page.

Not too hard, really.

David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/