Subject: Re: 'redownload' aka download again and setup.exe
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:05:45 +0100

Robert Collins wrote in <00bd01c1ef6f$590b36c0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:16:44 +1000:

> Please write back (to me or the list, your choice) whether you use the
> DELIBERATE 'download again' functionality of setup.exe or not.

I've not used it but then I've not been here long. 

Paranoid that I am, I'd be inclined to delete (or at least rename) a
package I suspected before deliberately re-downloading it anyway. 

However, what with the fragmentation of the local package directory it
might be useful to keep it as an option within setup.exe, unless doing
so would leave the code too difficult to maintain than is worth while.

-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/