Subject: having problems with w32api OLE header files
From: Jonathan Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:03:48 +0800
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Here are the errors...
objidl.h:535: warning: `IPersist::GetClassID(CLSID *)' was hidden
shlobj.h:568: warning:   by `IPersistFolder::GetClassID(_GUID)'
In file included from nsFileSpec.cpp:506:
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In function `void 
nsFileSpecHelpers::Canonify(nsSimpleCharString &, int)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:76: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:76: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:76: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:84: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:84: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:84: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:89: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:89: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:89: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In function `void 
nsFileSpecHelpers::NativeToUnix(nsSimpleCharString &)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:172: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:172: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:172: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `PRBool nsFileSpec::IsSymlink() const':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:306: passing `short unsigned int *' as argument 5 of 
`MultiByteToWideChar(unsigned int, long unsigned int, const CHAR *, int, 
WCHAR *, int)'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:309: no matching function for call to 
`IPersistFile::Load (short unsigned int[260], int)'
objidl.h:647: candidates are: HRESULT IPersistFile::Load(const WCHAR *, 
long unsigned int)
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `nsresult nsFileSpec::ResolveSymlink(PRBool 
&)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:357: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:357: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const CHAR *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:357: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:357: passing `short unsigned int *' as argument 5 of 
`MultiByteToWideChar(unsigned int, long unsigned int, const CHAR *, int, 
WCHAR *, int)'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:360: no matching function for call to 
`IPersistFile::Load (short unsigned int[260], int)'
objidl.h:647: candidates are: HRESULT IPersistFile::Load(const WCHAR *, 
long unsigned int)
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `void nsFileSpec::operator +=(const char *)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:434: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:434: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:434: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `nsresult nsFileSpec::Rename(const char *)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:563: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:563: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:563: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:567: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:567: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:567: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `nsresult nsFileSpec::CopyToDir(const 
nsFileSpec &) const':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:593: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:593: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const CHAR *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:593: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `nsresult nsFileSpec::MoveToDir(const 
nsFileSpec &)':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:614: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:614: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const CHAR *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:614: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method `nsresult nsFileSpec::Execute(const char *) 
const':
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:633: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:633: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const char *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:633: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:634: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:634: warning:   for conversion from 
`nsSimpleCharString' to `const CHAR *'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:634: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpecWin.cpp: In method 
`nsDirectoryIterator::nsDirectoryIterator(const nsFileSpec &, int)':
nsFileSpec.h:732: warning: member initializers for `PRBool 
nsDirectoryIterator::mResoveSymLinks'
nsFileSpec.h:735: warning:   and `class nsFileSpec 
nsDirectoryIterator::mStarting'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:722: warning:   will be re-ordered to match 
declaration order
nsFileSpec.h:735: warning: member initializers for `class nsFileSpec 
nsDirectoryIterator::mStarting'
nsFileSpec.h:746: warning:   and `struct PRDir * nsDirectoryIterator::mDir'
nsFileSpecWin.cpp:722: warning:   will be re-ordered to match 
declaration order
nsFileSpec.cpp: In method `nsFileURL::nsFileURL(const char *, int = 0)':
nsFileSpec.cpp:535: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator char 
*()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:535: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:535: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpec.cpp: In method `nsFileURL::nsFileURL(const nsString &, int = 0)':
nsFileSpec.cpp:555: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator char 
*()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:555: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:555: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpec.cpp: In method `nsFilePath::nsFilePath(const nsString &, int 
= 0)':
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning: choosing `nsSimpleIn file included from 
nsFileSpec.h:146,
                  from nsFileSpec.cpp:38:
../../dist/include/xpcom/nscore.h:248: warning: `HAVE_CPP_NEW_CASTS' 
redefined
../../config-defs.h:13: warning: this is the location of the previous 
definition
CharString::operator char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const 
char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator char 
*()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:723: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpec.cpp: In method `PRBool nsFileSpec::operator ==(const 
nsFileSpec &) const':
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning: choosing `nsSimpleCharString::operator 
char *()' over `nsSimpleCharString::operator const char *() const'
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning:   for conversion from `nsSimpleCharString' 
to `const char *'
nsFileSpec.cpp:1095: warning:   because conversion sequence for the 
argument is better

Not being an OLE person, I dont know why this code (which I didnt write) 
isnt compiling.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/