Subject: Re: Cygwin maildrop patches and issues (was Re: fetchmail 5.9.8 ...)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Rui Carmo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:40:50 -0400

Rui,

[Sorry, for the sluggish response time...]

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 09:56:58PM +0100, Rui Carmo wrote:
> Nice to hear from you, and exceedingly nice to see that you stuck to 
> maildrop.

Thanks.

> What you mention is true: maildrop is closely associated with maildirs 
> (and it was due to one of my colleagues, who swears by maildir on any 
> OS, that I came accross it). I intended to use mutt with maildirs, 
> including a shared mail archive we keep, but did not get around to it.

I tried Cygwin mutt 1.3.24 with maildirs and it did not seem to like the
ones generated by maildrop.  If it did, this would "solve" (OK workaround)
any locking problems.

Has anyone had success with mutt and maildirs?

> Nevertheless, I'll give your patches a look on my PC. :) Thanks a lot. :)

You very are welcome.

> Will you submit them to the maintainers?

Possibly the first one, but most likely not the second (it's a hack).
Actually, I would not go upstream until I have things working much better
than they are now.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/