Subject: Cygwin + XEmacs: shell command execution delay
From: Igor Akkerman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:26:14 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi,

why does the execution of a shell command out of XEmacs start more
than 5 seconds delayed after the call?

I'm using Win98 SE, CygWin and XEmacs for CygWin (current
versions). Everything works fine, only the execution of a shell
command out of XEmacs starts more than 5 seconds delayed.

Within this delay the whole system is halted completely. The mouse
pointer is freezed and the hard disk is NOT busy.

This is very annoying, especially when compiling a program. Does
anybody know how to fix it?

Igor

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/