Subject: Re: Login as a different user?
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:58:32 +0100

You wrote in <[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:17:35 +0200:

> I stumbled on this question too and foud out that using 'ssh -l <user> 
> localhost' in combination with keychain works just fine.

You don't even need keychain but of course you do need sshd running
with enough privileges to create processes under other accounts.

This is most easily done by running the sshd configuration script
(/usr/bin/ssh-host-config) from an administrative login and allowing
it to install sshd as an NT service.

However, this opens up more potential avenues for your system to be
accessed over the 'Net and you should consider using the ListenAddress
directive to limit access to localhost.

There's also a slight security risk just having any Cygwin process
running with enhanced privileges. See the thread "Getting Cygwin into
a corporation..." <01fd01c1ebba$23197580$0d76aec7@D4LHBR01>

-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/