Subject: Login as a different user?
From: "Daniel Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:43:16 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Is there a way to login as a different user (under cygwin for a shell) for a
win2k machine running the latest everything for cygwin? I am curious of this
for multiple reasons. I am mainly wondering so that I can have multiple
completely independent profiles in pine.

I realize ahead of time this could be a rather dumb question, but I have
tried the login command such as I can do on regular Unix machines and that
has never accepted any input of any types.

When I try to type login with a different username at my normal console
window it displays the message "Not a login shell." My normal shell simply
consists of Start Menu | Run | "tcsh"

I hope someone is able to help me with this predicament.

--
Sincerely,
Daniel Adams - [email-masked]
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/