Subject: pthread_t and strict standards compliance
From: René Møller Fonseca <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:40:02 +0200

Hi,

I was porting my framework to Cygwin and noticed that pthread_t is a 
typedef of a void pointer.

According to "The Single UNIX Specification, Version 2" and "IEEE Std 
1003.1-2001" pthread_t must be defined as an arithmetic type (i.e. 
either a floating-point type or an integral type). The pointer type is 
NOT an arithmetic type even though some arithmetic operators may be 
applied to a pointer.

René

-- 
B.Sc. in Computer Systems Engineering
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute for Production Technology
University of Southern Denmark
http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~fonseca

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/