Subject: Problem using cygwin with ClearCase 4.1
From: Sharona Rozmaryn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:09:36 -0400

Hi.

We have a group of developers using cygwin with Windows, as well as
ClearCase.  The ClearCase data (VOBs and Views) are stored on UNIX
servers.  In order to access the UNIX servers, we use TAS 6.1, which
allows transparent access between
the UNIX server and the PC clients.

This group of developers is trying to build software from Windows.
Their build script has a "touch" command which
works OK outside of ClearCase, but with ClearCase, it somehow does not
recognize the umask of 002 so it makes the permissions read only.  The
file that is touched get created, but there is a permission error that
causes the build to fail.

Do you have any ideas about how to fix this problem?
Thanks for any help.

-- Sharona Rozmaryn

Hughes Network Systems
Tel: (301) 601-4059
Fax:(301) 601-4091
Email: [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/