Subject: RE: Cygwin newbie needs help
From: "Craveiro, Marco" <[email-masked]>
To: "'B. Joshua Rosen'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:18:50 +0200

hiyah Joshua,

I think I can help you with 1) and 2)...

	1) How do I get X forwarding to work? 

X forwarding should work just fine for me (both from and to windows),
setting the display and enabling all hosts on the server is all i've done
and it works. but I don't think you will be able to build xemacs with x
support on windows; at least you cant do that with gnu emacs IIRC. at any
rate try the xfree-cygwin mailing list.

	2) Is there a way to rlogin or ssh into the Win2K box? 

	make a search on the mailinglist on how to start the ssh daemon. it
works fine, we have it here at the office. 

	all&all, make a search on the archives; i found that 90% of the my
questions have been asked before...

	hope it helps.

	marco

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/