Subject: Re: small inter-operability patch for vim 6.1.2 for Cygwin
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:11:21 +0200

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:35:50PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> I'm quite sure this is not a good solution.  It's just waiting to fail
> in another place.  The Unix code just isn't prepared for backslashes in
> a file name to be path separators, they are seen as escaping the special
> meaning of characters.
> 
> Why not add something at the start of main() to change backslashes to
> forward slashes?  Or better: Isn't there a cygwin trick for this
> already?

Sure: 

   #include <sys/cygwin.h>

   cygwin_conv_to_posix_path(const char *win_path, char *posix_path);

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/