Subject: Re: Porting software HOWTO
From: Elmar Haneke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:21:11 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

[email-masked] wrote:

> is there any HOWTO documentation for porting software. I'm in the need to
> port the new tcl/tk 8.4 to cygwin, but i don't know how.

I would suggest to have a look at the 8.0 port currently available. 
Based on this you can analyze which changes were required for 8.0 - 
this should be a good starting point to adopt 8.4.

In some cases you might be more lucky: Many software packages are 
prepared to compile using cygwin - running configure is sufficient in 
this case.

Elmar

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/